Mike Lewis: Profile
Mike Lewis is a computer consultant with over three decades of experience as a systems analyst, programmer and trainer. Based in Edinburgh (Scotland), he specialises in Visual FoxPro.
- Born London (England), 1945
- Now resident in Edinburgh.
- 1964 - 1976. Worked as a programmer and analyst for several software companies, in the UK, Netherlands, Finland and the Far East.
- 1975 to 1979. Ran a successful small business outside the computing industry.
- 1979 to present. Independent consultant, developer and trainer. Has completed well over a hundred consultancy and programming assignments for clients throughout the world.
- Fifteen years solid Visual FoxPro experience, as a developer and trainer.
- Substantial experience of SQL Server and Crystal Reports.
- Earlier experience of dBASE (II, III Plus and IV), Foxbase Plus, FoxPro 1.0 and 2.x and Turbo Pascal.
- Experienced website designer.
- Qualified as a Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Languages. Native English speaker. Reasonably fluent in French. Good conversational standard of Dutch and German (but rusty).
- Writing. Author of over a hundred technical articles and four books, on programming and database design. Contributing editor at FoxPro Advisor.
- Outside interests. Hill-walking, cycling and cooking.